Wednesday, January 20, 2010

IF



Have you heard a child say If you get me a pet I will feed it and take care of it? Sometimes a pet can teach a child responsibility. A couple I know purchased a puppy for their child. The child fed the puppy every day. He kept fresh water in the Puppy's bowl. He even cleaned up after the puppy. They played together every day. He learned to be responsible for the puppy. Then they boy began to play football. He did not have all the free time for the puppy. He ignored it. Mom had to feed it. She had to put water in the bowl. She had to clean up after the puppy. She had a talk with the boy. If he did not take care of the puppy she would find it a good home where another boy would care for it. The little boy changed his attitude toward the puppy. He began feeding it and filling the water bowl again. Today the boy is older and wiser. He knows he must accept responsibility. God is the same way with His children. He expects you and I to follow his rules. It says in the Bible "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then will I hear from Heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land" - - " IF " is the key word. We must turn from our wicked ways and ask the Lord to forgive our sins and heal our land.
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

2 comments:

Dr. T.L. Sanderfer said...

Congratulations! I have chosen you to receive The Best Blog award!
Here is a link to the rules:
http://markingthepath.blogspot.com/2010/01/marking-path-has-won-award.html
And here is the link to the award image:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6C7GTnQdl64/SyMRGFARuoI/AAAAAAAAAI4/vgIBqUccAtI/s1600-h/bestblog_award.jpg
I have been both entertained and inspired by your blog. Keep on blogging, and please check out my Jan. 30st post for a list of other blogs I feel worthy of the title Best Blog. May God bless you!
Dr. T.L. Sanderfer

JT said...

Thanks for the award.