Friday, August 14, 2009

OBEY GOD

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
Recently an old friend from work called me. He asked how I was doing and how I enjoyed my retirement. I had not heard from him since work. I told him of a recent illness and insured him that I was feeling better now. He told me that something just prompted him to call me. After a long talk I felt better and I know he did too. God prompted that call. He knew I needed the encouragement of a friend. I began to think of the times I had been prompted to do something for someone. A word of encouragement or just a friendly smile can be a big help to someone who may be having a bad day. God calls us in many ways. It could be a dream or just a fleeting thought. Matthew was a tax collector. He sat at a table collecting taxes. In those days the tax collector turned in some of the money to his superiors. He kept some for himself. That is the way he earned his living. Then one day his life changed. Jesus walked by his table. Jesus told him to follow Him. Matthew stood up from his chair, left all the money on the table and followed Jesus. Could you have done the same? If necessary, would you leave your home and family to follow Jesus?
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

No comments: