Tuesday, September 7, 2010

PRAISE GOD



I have started a walking program trying to lose weight and get healthy. I walk every morning except Sunday. I wak from 6:30 am until 7:30 am. Last night I watched a movie on TV. It was "Facing The Giants". It was about a high school football team which changed the number one goal from winning to playing to honor God. The team gathered together to Praise God when they won and also to Praise God when they lost. That was a good movie. As I walked Saturday morning I thought about the movie. I decided I would walk to honor God. If I had a good walk I would Praise God. If it didn't go well I would still Praise God. As I walked someone came by in a car and beeped the horn. I waved and said "Praise God". He threw up a hand and Praised God back. The next car approached. I threw up a hand and said "Praise God". I got another Praise God back. A lady was leaving McDonald's with a breakfast biscuit in her right hand. She was driving with her left hand. I threw up a hand and said Praise God. She Praised God back by raising her left hand from the steering wheel. The next car was a young man wearing his cap backward. I threw up a hand and said Praise God. He raised one finger from the steering wheel and Praised God back. Must have been a NASCAR fan. The next car had a driver and passenger. I raised a hand and said Praise God. Both the driver and passenger Praised God back. The next car approached. I raised hand and said Praise God. He saluted. Army Guy. The next guy came into view. I waved and said Praise God. He waved his hand high and smiled. Air Force. The next car came into view and the driver waved both hands with a smile on his face. Rev. T.C. is always praising God. I kept Praising God and getting Praise God back all the way around my route. I completed my walk and found myself near my driveway. I felt good. I went into a little jog mode and started around again. I kept Praising God and almost everyone Praised God back. My route is 1 and 3/10 around the block. I did it 3 times. I felt wonderful. The next time you go walking Praise God. See how many times you get a Praise God back.
Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profilePRAISE GOD

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Your method is certainly more positive than the guy in my town who stands on the corner and shakes his Bible at the drivers going by and tells them that they're all going to Hell. He may be right in most cases, but I doubt if he makes many converts!

Daij said...

I love this entry and I am in total agreement with your method!