Wednesday, April 25, 2012

JESUS LIVES IN BELIEVERS



We have had the same neighbor for 47 years. We are not only neighbors, we are close friends. We have been to ball games together. We go to Church together. We are in the same Sunday School Class. We have shared meals together. We have made ice cream together. There was the time I had the flu. I was in the bed 2 weeks. My wife waited on me like I was a baby. She kept the orange juice flowing. She gave me medicine. She kept me company while I read the newspaper. It was a Saturday morning. I was reading the paper, drinking orange juice as she sat by my bedside reading a book. We heard a noise outside. She walked to the window and opened the curtain so I could look outside. There was my neighbor cutting my grass. He didn’t have a big fancy riding mower. He was using his old push mower. It was a hot morning. He was sweating as he pushed the mower across my yard. He didn’t look up from his work. He just kept pushing. He does not expect a thank you for his hard work. In fact he would be insulted if I thanked him. That’s the kind of friend I have for a neighbor. He and I have an unbreakable bond. We care for each other. We have shared good times and bad times. That’s the way it is between us and Jesus. We share in His crucifixion. We share in His resurrection. He died for us and He lives within us. This allows us to live by faith, walk free from sin’s bondage and to produce spiritual fruit by means of Jesus living within us. Galatians 2:20 says – “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives within me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Does Christ live in you?
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

No comments: