Sunday, June 19, 2011

AVOID ROTTEN APPLES



We recently made a day trip to the mountains. We live in upstate South Carolina. When we visit the mountains we ride up to Chimney Rock, Hendersonville or Asheville, North Carolina. There are lots of things to see. You can make a trip up to the rock and see for miles. You can shop in the shops to find all sorts of trinkets showing pictures of Chimney Rock. You can buy Mountain Honey. It is delicious. You can buy jars of molasses. You can also buy fresh apples. We bought a bag of apples. I smelled the fresh aroma of apples. They smelled great.We got home and put the bag in the kitchen. The next morning the kitchen smelled like fresh apples. I had to have one. I peeled it and it was just right. It was delicious. The next morning the kitchen didn't smell so great. There was a faint sour smell. I checked the bag. I could smell a bad apple. I started taking them out of the bag one at a time. I found a rotten apple. The ones near it were spoiled. I threw about 5 of them in the trash.
You know about one rotten apple spoiling the whole barrel. That holds true for our Spiritual life. Is there a rotten apple in your life? Is there a rotten apple in your Church? Is there someone always complaining about the songs the Choir sings? Is someone always making remarks about others in your Church? Maybe they sing off key. Maybe they don't dress the way you dress. Is there someone who constantly has unkind remarks about the Sunday School Teacher? What about the Pastor's Sermon? Is he keeping the congregation past 12 o'clock? Is it very difficult to have a wonderful Sunday in God's house because of a rotten apple? Make sure that rotten apple is not you.
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

6 comments:

child of God said...

Love this! I don't want to be a bad apple, if I am starting to bruise I ask the Lord to cut it out of me for I would rather be only partial and good than be whole and rotten.

I use to drive a transport truck and I would head down from Ontario into NY and then into Pennsylvania. I loved the hills there, so very pretty. It was the driving in this state that set a drive in my to want to live in the mountains. Now I live in British Columbia and love the majestic mountains.

Sounds like you had a great drive.

Blessings brother,
<><

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Child Of God.

Jan Samuel said...

Thanks for the post brother

I wish you and your family all the best from Jesus.

Jeremiah 33 verse 3
Luke 1 verse 37
Revelation 3 verse 8

God bless you and your family

Greetings
Jan

JT said...

Thanks for your comment Jan.

Starry Dawn said...

Woooowwww!!! This one is a powerful post, JT. I love it!! I am truly impressed. Of course, we should realize when there is a rotten apple somewhere in our lives, so that we may avoid it. I see from your post that you live in South Carolina. I would like to buy a house or a farm for horses in the Charlotte Area in North Carolina. I love Rural Areas, but my hubby likes the big city life. If it is God's will, one day, we may be neighbors, if we move to NC. The weather there must be gorgeous. Myrtle Beach must be real Heaven in this world to see, a haven for the soul, an inspirational place to visit. I love the mountains, the beach and the sea...I love MOTHER NATURE, God's Creation. Great post, JT.
The Lord be with you always, and with your beloved ones.
Love in Christ.
In the Garden of the Almighty,
Poet Starry Dawn.

JT said...

Thanks for you comment Starry Dawn.
Hope you make it to the Carolinas.