Sunday, February 15, 2009

WE NEED GOD

Several men went on a Missionary trip to a foreign country. There they met a young man who impressed them in his love for God. He was a smart young man. He had excellent grades in school. They were impressed so much that they invited him to come to America for a 4 week visit. This young man was in for the surprise of his life. He had never slept between sheets. He had never see indoor plumbing. He experienced all these things. He even ate at McDonalds. There were cars everywhere. Everyone was wealthy. He was astonished at all the sights. Then it was time to go home. There was a farewell dinner. Everyone told him how much they enjoyed him being in their homes. They asked him if he wanted to stay another 4 weeks. Then he addressed the well wishers. " Thank you so much for everything. I have enjoyed it all. But I am glad to be going home. I am beginning to lose my grip on my day to day dependency on God. I must go where life is real. There are too many " things " in America. " Do you depend on God or do you depend on your self?
CLICK FOR RELATED BIBLE TEXT
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD

No comments: